POSSIBLE STRIKE ACTION
In addition to yesterday’s email explaining potential strike action next week.
NZEI - the primary teacher’s union has advised the Board that their members had voted to take two further forms of industrial action - one being a strike on Wednesday 31st May. NZEI leadership has recently announced a pause on these actions to allow for further negotiations, but they have communicated to principals this may be resumed at short notice.
We will be informed this Sunday as to whether or not the Wednesday strike will proceed.
Our Board will then need to make the decision around school closure (and whether or not supervision can safely be offered) to those who need it.
We appreciate that IF this action goes ahead you will have short notice to prepare for Wednesday, so we are really just giving you a ‘heads up’ and will endeavour to let you know the outcome as soon as we possibly can - by Monday at the latest, but hopefully by app/email on Sunday.
Phone: 06 357 9667
School office email:
Hokowhitu School Board Email: